Deep inside the secluded ice island Helheim, the gruesome Braindeath committed necromantic experiments and created unspeakable horrors in the process, including the Undead Dragon. To this day, the fruits of their labour still roam the caves of Helheim, striking anyone who dares to enter their domain with cold dead hands ... But it's a place just like this where this week's Featured Hunting Spot is taking you! Welcome to Helheim! To get there, you first must have reached a certain mission of the Ice Islands quest. Then speak to Buddel and ask for a trip to Helheim. If you want a trouble-free journey, you should bring a dwarven ring with you. This week's hunting spot is a large dungeon, consisting of no less than five floors!
|The first floor is suitable for players of low level. It only contains ghouls and mummies, so a nice place to gather brown and yellow pieces of cloth.|
|The second floor is a little bit more dangerous. There you will not only face mummies, but also crypt shamblers and demon skeletons. As you can see, this floor is divided in three parts. You will have to go through higher and lower floors to reach all parts.|
|Floor number three hosts more demon skeletons, along with several bonebeasts. These poison-sniffing dogs can be skinned with an obsidian knife in order to gather hardened bones, and are also known to very sometimes drop a Bonebeast Trophy!|
|The fourth floor is rather small compared to the others, but by some players considered the hardest. Once you go down the stairs, you will be swarmed by a lot of bonebeasts and beholders! So be careful!|
|The last floor is the headquarters of the terrible Braindeath. There you will find all kinds of beholders and bonebeasts, but also a single undead dragon, lost soul and betrayed wraith. But don't worry, these three abominations, plus the braindeath, are all locked away in the small buildings. So, if you stay out of those, you will only face beholders, elders and bonebeasts.|
Interesting facts about Helheim:
- You need to visit the lowest floor of the island for the Ice Islands quest to locate the source of the turmoil in the spirit's realm.
- On the third floor, you can find a berserk potion, a shard and 3 demonic essences inside a skeleton. The purple + in the picture marks the spot.
- Hunting in Helheim sounds dangerous. But besides the treacherous stair jump at the 4th floor, you'll find it easy to stay alive.
- The lowest floor has a lot of scenery, like bone walls, that you can use to your advantage. This place is a text-book example of how to use your surroundings while hunting!
- Also the buildings are extremely useful while killing beholders.
Discuss this hunting spot of the week with fellow Tibianews readers in this thread!