Elite Militia, one of Calmera's oldest guilds formed in December of 2003, is opening recruitment to the general public. The guild is "looking for members who are active, respectful and considerate of others and just want to enjoy the game and have fun," as stated by their leader Selphie. Those interested in being recruited should write a letter about themselves and their interests, and submit them in to one of the leaders of Elite Militia by Tuesday, September 18th. For full details, check out the main thread here!
Calling all architects! GuildStats.eu is looking for brave builders for their new contest to build a great guildhall! Using your creativity and brilliant ideas, you have a chance to win the fansite item Majestic Shield! Entries will be taken up until October 7th. For more details on the contest, visit the fansite here!
Once again, the three wizards Furb of Fun, Feiz of Power, and Fern of Nature are fighting for the most followers in the world event "Colours of Magic", starting on September 15. Which wizard will you join with your main character this time? Be sure to vote now, here!
During the last year, many players repeatedly asked us about news concerning Tibia's PvP system, especially on Open PvP game worlds. Today, we would like to give you a rough idea of the direction of the PvP preview on which we are currently working.
As we already explained in our featured article about preview game worlds
, we plan to run a longer test of our concept for a new PvP rule set on these worlds in order to better assess long-term effects, and to get feedback at an earlier development stage from players who can try out the new stuff first-hand. This also allows us to tweak features or test different settings to see how they are received by the community before making a final decision about whether or not to implement them for good, and if so in which way.
Our concept for a new PvP rule set evolved internally. It was inspired by the extensive discussions with the PvP focus group, and the general community feedback we collected on PvP. Goals
- The skull system and its consequences should be reliable, fair and clear both for individual players and for groups (parties, guilds).
- Every player should be able to use all game features, and to correctly estimate and influence the consequences and penalties.
- PvP must still be possible anywhere, anytime and against anyone (with a very few defined exceptions).
- Parties and guilds should be strengthened and thereby become more attractive for players.
- All actions that can influence other characters negatively or positively, and are thus relevant in PvP, will be classified in a PvP rule set.
- Players will have to decide in what kind of PvP situations they take an active part, and what kind of penalties they accept in return.
- A PvP action that would lead to other penalties than those accepted by the player performing it, will not have any effect on the respective targets.
- Members of a group will be protected from each other's aggressive actions.
- Members of a group will benefit from altered penalties when defending themselves against outsiders.
- The display of all relevant PvP information for players will be revised and completed.
Of course, we are aware that this list only gives a rough idea about the preview. Some of you probably have lots of questions now and are eager to hear more about it. Please understand, though, that it is too early to provide details as the preview is not yet ready to be launched. It will still take some time until we reach this milestone. Nevertheless, we wanted to keep you updated on the direction we are going with the PvP preview.
We hope we have sparked your interest!
The competitive wizards Furb of Fun, Feiz of Power and Fern of Nature are back. Once again, they want to know which of them gets the most followers.
From the server save on September 15 on, various monsters will drop envelopes with red, blue or yellow powder. If you want to know how to colour yourself and mix colours, check the letter included in the envelopes or our feedback thread in the Auditorium.
If you are interested in some facts about the event, just ask one of the loyal fans of the wizards. Nathaniel can be found in Venore, Friedolin in Carlin, and Paulette can be met in Thais.
Each of the three wizards offers a special reward. Depending on the wizard with the most followers on your game world on September 23, server save, your world will benefit from one of the following three rewards for one week:
- Furb of Fun: The shared experience bonus in party mode will be raised by 30%. The chance to successfully sculpt from ice cubes and marble will be multiplied by 10. Also, fireworks rockets, party trumpets, snowballs and party hats can be found in all the creatures which dropped envelopes.
- Feiz of Power: The majority of spellcaster creatures such as ice witches or draken spellweavers, for example, will give 25% more experience points. In addition, the skill bonus of berserk and bullseye potions will be raised to +7, and the shielding decrease will be set to -8 instead of -10. The magic level bonus of mastermind potions will be raised to +5.
- Fern of Nature: All health and mana potions will be enhanced by 10%.
TibiaBariloche.com.ar recently interviewed Bolfrim, one of the members of CipSoft's tester team. Are you interested in what he had to say? Check out the interview, it is currently available in English on TibiaBariloche.com.ar!
Tibian adventurers usually collect lots and lots of stuff. Where do you personally keep most of your belongings? Be sure to vote on the most recent poll on Tibia on their main site, here!